Thursday, July 13, 2006

Walking on Sunshine

Dear Peanut,

While driving to work Monday morning I was struck by what an amazing weekend we had. You are truly a joy to be with, and are an astonishingly good baby. Smiles, coos, almost-laughs - you ran the gamut of good feelings this past weekend. And, for the most part, it has carried over into the week.

Apparently, we are about to enter the "enchanting" time of babyhood with you - you are getting to be more and more interactive, and yet you still aren't mobile. So we can sit and play for a long time, but Daddy and I don't have to chase you around the house just yet. Part of me thinks that this is a stage we want to last as long as humanly possible.

Today is Daddy's birthday. You and Daddy met me for lunch today, and my goodness were you in a good mood. You had a good night's sleep (11 hours, and only getting up once to eat). By the time we met for lunch, you still hadn't eaten yet - but you were still all smiles. It was such a great break in my day!

You are continuously getting stronger. You hold you head up now like its nothing, and are thisclose to sitting up by yourself. You want to see anything and everything, and if I've got you up on my shoulder you're straining as hard as you can to get higher, to see more. I have never seen a baby (especially one your age) take such an interest in the world around her. The toys attached to your stroller hold no interest - but watching all the people as we go by certainly does.

I am certain that all the goodness lately is a sign that you are going to be a difficult teenager. But, we'll cross that bridge when we get there. Until then, I am going to enjoy every waking minute I get with your little smooshy face.

Love,
Mommy

No comments: