Friday, November 17, 2006

The Lady in My Life

Dear Peanut,

This week you turned seven months old. I am continually amazed at how fast you are growing, how much you are learning, and how wonderfully your personality is developing.

Talking has become your new favorite passtime. You have "Dada" (your first word) and "Mama" down like a pro - although you don't associate a meaning with either word. You can also say "Baba," and we are working on "Papa." "Dada" seemed to come easily to you - one minute you were just making sounds, and the next it was all "Da da da da da." "Mama" took a lot more work on your part, by which I am still touched. You mouthed an M for a good week - looking like a little fish, opening and closing your mouth, getting it just right before you applied any sound. You managed to say it fully and confidently the same night Mommy went to the hospital to have her appendix removed.

After spending more than 24 hours away from you, you and Daddy got to my room at the hospital and I was greeted with your outstretched arms and a loud chorus of "Ma ma ma ma ma." It was awesome.

Your sense of humor is developing quickly with your speech. As you would expect, I love hearing you say "Mama." So whenever I get home from work I will sit you in front of me and say, "Mama. Mama. Mama." You will grin up at me, look away, and invariably say "Dada." And giggle. As if Ainsley just told the Funniest. Joke. Ever. There must be a genetic marker for sarcasm.

Things I've learned from you this month:

  1. P, X, and Z - the funniest letters in all the alphabet.
  2. Yogurt and mashed banana - best. breakfast. ever.
  3. The Tivo screen and "bloop" sounds are the best thing on TV. Bar none.
  4. Socks taste good. Dirty, clean, Daddy's, Mommy's, Ainsley's - whatever.
  5. TV remotes - World's Best Teething Toy.

Love,
Mommy

No comments: