Thursday, March 2, 2006

Week 33

Sweet Ainsley:

WARNING: IF SATIRICAL FETAL COMMENTARY OFFENDS YOU, READ NO FURTHER!!!
THIS MEANS YOU....YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.
YOU'RE GOING TO KEEP GOING AREN'T YOU??
DISCUSSION OF FETUSES WITH ROBUST HEATH VS. THOSE WITH PALTRY HEALTH FOLLOWS.
WELL, DON'T SAY THAT I DIDN'T WARN YOU.
WARNING OVER!!

Well, your daddy is finally taking another crack at the jounal thing. Many moons have passed since my last entry. I guess that I really just don't have much to say to you right now. That's probably because you may very well be the most boring fetus of all time. Now, don't let Mommy know that I told you that. She thinks that you are very exciting....with the incessant kicking and whatnot. She says that if she can get five minutes of calm out of you, she treasures it.

But let's get back to the 'boring' thing. Please, do not be offended. Boring is good. Boring is great in fact. That means that we do not have any problems.....that you do not have any problems. And for that, I am most grateful.

But, don't you remember the old days, like I don't know, 24 weeks ago? When going to the doctor got us all fired up. We were getting pictures of you. We were learning so much about you. Heck, you even had a different name back then, and a tail. Remember, little Embreau...I mean, Ainsley.

Now, you're all grown up. You have fingers, toes, and you are sans tail. Your heartbeat has been in the low 140's since the first trimester, robust health.....yada yada yada. And now, Captain Gyno tells us, no more pictures of you because, "We have to have a reason to." His words, not mine. So, even the doctor thinks you're boring now. No more pictures is not going to make the Grandmas happy....or will it??

Maybe I'm thinking about this all wrong. Pictures could mean something's wrong. We don't want that, and niether do the Grandmas. So, really...no more pictures does indeed mean happier Grandmas. Plus, we will more than make up for the lack of a third trimester ultrasound once you ultimately emerge from you warm, dark, and gooey place. Lot's of picture will be taken then.

So, boring is good, very good indeed. Sure, we don't get to be special and feel self important like the parents whose babies are having some issues with paltry health. Well, they can have their "exciting" prenatal appointments, more pictures, and paltry health. I'll take my "boring" prenatal visit, no pictures, and robust health, thank you very much!!

Because it's your robust health that truly makes you special, Ainsley. So, yeah....I'm gonna take my "boring" baby, and I'm gonna love it.

Love,
Daddy

No comments: