Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Dream a Little Dream

I know that I'll jinx things by writing them down, but Amelia has slept through the night - the entire night - for the last two nights in a row. She gets down by about 10:30 (which is at least 2 hours later than I'd like), and has slept right through until I wake her to eat at 6:30. I actually had dreams the past two nights!

Ainsley's favorite book of late has been "How to Catch a Heffalump" featuring the Winnie the Pooh gang. Seems like every night when I get home from work I am greeted with, "Wanna read How to Catch a Heffalump?" Which, with her deliberate enunciation and 2-year-old voice, is really the cutest sentence in the English language. And while she can manage the book title with no problem, she stumbles horribly over Christopher Robin. Christopher Robin will forever in my mind be "Christmas for Robin."

Amelia has taken to lighting up whenever Ainsley is near. Ainsley likes to sit next to Amelia and point out all her baby parts. "That's her little hand. That's her little fingers. That's her little toes. That's her little belly." Amelia seems to get such a kick out of the attention...

No comments: